thommo

lmc-fiber PEN - settings :: possible bug?

Question

LMC V4 FIB
v 4.0.2
General Custom
Function: Fly, Fly2, HWStart, LongText, InputLock, InputWait

Windows10

Hi,

I am hoping someone may be able to assist with this inquiry. I'm very grateful that this forum has been created.

We have just purchased a machine with the above hardware config.
Our objective is to mark Poly-carbonate [injection molded, white] with very light grey text and logo data.
And by light grey, I am referring to the range of say 5% - 15% black.

It appears that these settings below are approximately what is required. 
Speed 1250 mm/s
Power 10 %
Frequency 25 KHz

My query is in relation to the PEN SETTINGS

In [attached] pic 1 you can see the "Pen No." in the dialog box on the left is set to #5, and the same Pen is selected in the dialog box on the R/H side

In pic 2 if I select Pen #15 [R/H dialog box], Pen #5 remains in the L/H box.

Ignoring that mods to the other configs, Speed, Power, Freq, if I ensure that those fields do not change, I DO observe a difference in the engraving.

If I also modify the L/H dialog setting and pick Pen #15, then I get a dramatic change, and don't see ANY fill.

Are the two PENS 'linked' in any way, and are they both supposed to be set the SAME. If so, should this occur automatically upon selecting either?

I have attached a couple of additional images which also show the discrepancy in Pen selection.

I will really appreciate any feedback I can get as I am behind a delivery deadline now.

Many thanks - Peter [Thommo]

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

3 answers to this question

thats not a bug you copy the obect that you created. you have to change the hatchlayer to. otherwise when you push aply there will change to yellow

You cannot change or view pen parameters when anything is selected. Deselect all objects then select pen to change parameters. Then select object and select pen on the left side (hatch) if you need to change it.